What are the factors or elements of 148 PC?
Under California Penal Code 148(a)(1) PC it is a crime to:
- Delay, or
- Obstruct a law enforcement officeror emergency medical technician (EMT) while s/he is performing (or attempting to perform) his/her duties.
These duties can include arresting someone…but can also include a wide range of other activities as well, such as:
- Traveling to the scene of a crime or accident
- Interviewing people to investigate a crime, and/or
- Monitoring a criminal suspect who is in custody.
Resisting arrest is a misdemeanor in California and arrest may result in up to one (1) year in a county jail and/or a maximum one thousand dollar ($1,000) fine.
How can we defend you against charges of California Penal Code 148 PC: Resisting Arrest?
Possible legal defenses to resisting arrest charges include:
- Proving your arrest was unlawful and/or proving police misconduct,
- Proving you were acting in self-defense, and
- Proving you were falsely accused.
We have been successfully defending clients facing all types of criminal charges in Sonoma and Marin Counties, since 1992.
The 100 Trial Lawyers Association has recognized us as one of the best criminal defense attorneys in the country!
Please call our office today at (707) 571-8600 in our centrally located Santa Rosa office in Sonoma County or call our office in San Rafael in Marin County at (415) 492-4507 to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation.
Don’t bargain with your freedom! The right attorney makes all the difference between your freedom and incarceration!
*Please note that every result is on a case by case basis and that none of these results are guarantees; they are merely potential consequences for violations of these provisions. *